Pulled from multiple disciplines and backgrounds, we are driven by the common belief that rigorous planning and intentional utilization of data will empower organizations to achieve real, lasting impact.
Jacob has worked with mission-driven organizations for over fifteen years and in a dozen countries around the world. He has led the strategic design, implementation, and measurement of social impact programs run by Presidents Bush and Clinton, Goldman Sachs, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Nature Conservancy, and many others. He serves on the board of directors for Mary’s Meals, which feeds a daily meal in school to one million children living in desperate poverty.
Randy is the Founder of Cicero Group. He serves as Economic Advisor to Zions Bank and is an adjunct professor at the University of Utah School of Business. Randy previously worked for Answerthink and Bain and Company. Randy serves on multiple corporate and volunteer boards of directors. He is a well-published author.
- Former Executive Vice President and Managing Partner, Answerthink
- Former Associate, Bain & Company
- Harvard Business School, MBA, highest academic honors
Dr. Kaufman is a Co-Founder of Cicero Group and founder of Education Direction, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cicero Group. Dr. Kaufman has written two books (Harvard Education Press, Wiley Jossey-Bass) that are used by thousands of organizations worldwide to better leverage data in strategy creation and execution.
- Founder, Education Direction
- Former Senior Associate, Education Resource Strategies
- Former Principal, Alameda County High, Middle, and Elementary Schools
- Harvard University, PhD, Research Fellow; UC Berkeley, MS
Senior Leadership Team
Blake leads projects on sales design and transformation, change management, and consumer marketing research. His primary role is to work with Cicero’s diverse client base uncovering and implementing data-driven sales and marketing improvements; enabling him to develop a deep understanding of industries such as healthcare, higher education and waste services.
- Founder, Kickball for a Home (with the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
- Former Foreign Service Officer for the US Department of State
- Founder, DocBerry International
- Northwestern, Master’s in Public Policy and Administration (2018 Candidate)
- University of Utah, BA in Behavioral Science, Business Minor
Dr. Pettersson has over 22 years of experience in public education. She has developed and implemented comprehensive curriculum and other instructional programs. She is a frequent author of articles on student achievement, educational improvement, and social impact. Dr. Pettersson’s doctoral dissertation focus was on systematic change in Utah schools. She holds master degrees in Educational Leadership and Policy and Special Education.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Utah
- Former School District Curriculum Director, Administrator, Psychologist and Teacher
- University of Utah, School of Psychology, PhD, MA, MS, APA accredited
Chad has expertise in serving the needs of international, public sector, technology, and healthcare clients of Cicero Group. He previously served as a U.S. Diplomat, working on trade, security, and economic development initiatives. He is a Lauder Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania and serves on the Board of Trustees for the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy.
- Former U.S. Chargé d’Affaires (Acting Ambassador), Samoa
- Former Special Assistant to U.S. Assistant Secretary of State
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, MBA, honors; University of Pennsylvania, MA, Lauder Fellow; Stanford University, BA
At Cicero Group, Allison works directly with education leaders to improve teaching and learning at scale. Allison has experience in K-12 public education as a Teacher, Reading Specialist, and Program Director. This experience gives her a unique perspective when working with schools and districts across the country. Allison chaired Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Language and Literacy student organization and serves as a member of the Read Today Advisory Board.
- Former Teacher and Reading Specialist
- Former Curriculum Writer and Program Director
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, MEd
At Cicero Group, Carrie is focused on driving improvements to student outcomes, particularly for highly-impacted populations, by coupling her ten years of classroom and five years of administrative experience. As a former Dean of Students, she has experience growing enrollment and has successfully designed and implemented K-12 character education programs as a Fellow.
- Fellow at National Association of Independent Schools
- Former Dean of Students and Admission Director
- Former Teacher, St. Vrain Valley School District, Colorado
- Pacific University, MEd; University of Puget Sound, BA; University of Burgundy, BA
Amanda brings a wealth of educational expertise and experience to Cicero clients. Her experience includes educational management positions at University of Redlands, Kaplan, and Google. In these roles, she recruited both domestically and internationally. Amanda has also managed admissions teams across Southern California and recruiters across the United States.
- Former Regional Director, University of Redlands
- Former Assistant Director, Claremont Colleges
- Former National Managing Director, Kaplan, Inc.
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, MEd; Brigham Young University, BS
Kjersten specializes in economic analysis and social impact. She has extensive experience in market and survey research and data analysis. Kjersten currently sits on the Utah Economic Council and manages the production of Zions Bank’s monthly economic newsletter for Utah and Idaho. Kjersten has previous experience working in microfinance and is passionate about empowering individuals who are economically and educationally disadvantaged.
- Former Manager of Market Research Business Development, Cicero Group
- Laid groundwork for implementation of microfinance best practices and creation of new microsavings product, XacBank, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Utah State University, BS Economics
Daniel serves a variety of organizations through the design and implementation of detailed measurement strategies and programs. Hailing from a background in accounting and economic research, Daniel believes correct individual measurement of impact not only improves specific organizations, but has beneficial effects through entire regions, sectors, and governments.
- Former Controller with Premier Credit Consulting
- Former Researcher at the Center for Public Lands and Rural Economics
- Utah State University, Bachelors in Accounting
Quinn provides analytical insights to drive understanding for clients in multiple sectors including social impact, technology, leadership, and education. Using data to monitor and evaluate non-profit organizations, he garners insights that ensure effective management. Whether evaluating non-profits, measuring market opportunities, or improving donor and customer engagement, Quinn utilizes sharp analytical skills to find implementable solutions to help organizations achieve their specific missions. Quinn previously worked with regional Ford automotive dealerships, developing strong consumer relationships through data analysis. He is a graduate of Brigham Young University where he studied business management and Chinese.
- Former Consumer Analytics Manager, Catch It Events
- Brigham Young University, BS Management and Chinese
Jeff runs the marketing and engagement efforts for Cicero Group, Education Direction, and Cicero Institute. He has experience in the worlds of tech startups, nonprofit leadership, government engagement, higher education, and political campaigning. Jeff has taught university courses on writing, rhetoric, persuasion, public speaking, and digital media at two universities.
- Founder, People’s Lobby Project
- Former Vice President, One Heart Bulgaria
- PhD, Communication, Rhetoric, & Digital Media; MA, Rhetoric and Composition
Michelle Call has experience consulting finance, technology, and nonprofit clients. Prior to joining Cicero Group, she developed a new product line and patent-pending analytics platform for a national food service company. She also worked at Sears Holding Corporation, New Level Group Consulting, and in the United States Senate. Michelle graduated from the University of Chicago with honors and a degree in political science.
- Business Analyst, SAGE Dining Services
- Business Analyst Intern, Sears Holdings Corporation
- President, recipient of Distinguished Service Award, UChicago chapter of business-interest professional fraternity
- University of Chicago, BA